The Teen Leader
2. Bill Cordes - Why Everything Is About Time
Jun 21, 2020
The Teen Leader Podcast with Lucas Lunzmann
Bill Cordes | Episode #2
- Golfing Trip Story
- Plan to golf in all 50 states with his son
- "Everything we do is about time"
- Start Investing Right Now
- Never stop creating
- What can you do today to be better in the future
- Don't fall into the "I'll be happy when..." trap
- Investing In Others
- Intently listen to others
- "People will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
- Take advantage of the moments you have with others
- MMFI - Make Me Feel Important
- Everyone we meet has these 4 letters tattooed to their forehead
- Doesn't have to be a large act
- Mentor - Delorese Gregoire (Founder of Winner's Camp)
- "You could be a great role model for teenagers" - Delorese
- She was very rigorous and purposeful
- "Feedback is the breakfast of champions" - Delorese
- A Title Does Not Define You
- "Great leaders are also great followers"
- You're the same person with or without the title
- Treat people as they are "becoming"
- Difference Between Following and Copying
- Have a mentor lay out a path
- Know who you are and follow that path
- Journaling Tips
- Start out using prompts
- Handwriting entries is often the best route
- There is no wrong way to journal
- YOGOWYPI - You Only Get Out What You Put In
- Survive vs. Thrive
- Focus on the growth, not the results
- The Importance of Storytelling
- Never start with, "I'm going to tell a story..."
- Go from the comfortable to the uncomfortable
"Broken Record" podcast - Jason Isbel episode
- Have a "phrase that pays"
- What distinguishes great teen leaders?
- Being extremely present
- Always engaged
- Book Recommendation
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Carol Dweck