The Teen Leader
4. Adam Markel - Pivot Now & Love Your Life
July 05, 2020
The Teen Leader Podcast with Lucas Lunzmann
Adam Markel | Episode #4
- Adam's Pivot Story
- Begins with pain
- Anxiety attack changed his course
- Felt stress and didn't love his life
- Knowing What You Want To Do
- "There's almost never a plan that doesn't change radically"
- It's a process, not a plan
- Make micro-adjustments during your pivot
- Be-Do-Have (formula)
- We're taught to do things to have things and then become someone
- Needs to change
- How do you want to experience "your being"
- Ex. I experience gratitude today, etc.
- Love Your Life No Matter What
- Life is a reflection of our intentions
- Both during the good and bad times
- "This too shall pass," applies to everything
- Actionable Tips
- Begin reading books
- Build resilience in 3 steps
- Remove the judgment
- Recalibrate and recalculate
- Create rituals
- What distinguishes great teen leaders?
- Tenacity and perseverance
- Willing to do the work tirelessly
- Book Recommendations
The Road Less Traveled - M. Scott Peck
The Untethered Soul - Michael Singer
The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
Adam: Connect with Adam on Instagram, his website, or on The Conscious Pivot Podcast wherever you listen.